University Canada West

University Canada West (UCW) is an innovative business and technology-oriented university with two campuses in downtown Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

The Vancouver House Campus, located at 1461 Granville St., and the West Pender Campus located at 626 West Pender St. in the historic London Building.
Phone: 1-877-431-6887. Email:

UCW currently offers four degrees – Master of Business Administration, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Arts in Business Communication, and Associate of Arts – under the authority of the Government of British Columbia’s Degree Quality Assessment Board.

With four terms per year, motivated students can complete their degrees more quickly. Each term consists of 10 weeks of classes with two weeks for exams.

  • Transfer Credit

    A minimum course grade of C (2.00 on a 4.33 scale) or equivalent is required.


    The maximum number of credit hours that can be awarded toward degree requirements as a combination of transfer credit and Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR) is 30 credit hours for an Associate degree and 60 credit hours for a Bachelor’s degree.


    Courses used to meet the requirements of a previously earned undergraduate or graduate degree will not be eligible for transfer credit.


    Transfer credit will normally be granted for a course only where UCW offers a parallel or similar course with substantially the same content at a similar level. Specifically,

    • lower level undergraduate courses (100-200) do not normally receive credit as upper level (300-400) undergraduate courses, and
    • undergraduate courses do not receive credit as graduate courses.


    For undergraduate programs, courses of appropriate academic content for which UCW does not offer a similar course may be considered for elective credit.


    The full transfer credit policy is available here.

  • Additional Resources


    Prospective Students
    Vancouver House Campus
    1461 Granville Street
    Vancouver, BC
    V6Z 0E5


    Transfer Credits

Transfer Information
  • BC Transfer Student

    Details on Transfer Credit are available here.

  • Out-of-Province Transfer Student

    For details on transfer credit check here.


  • Mature Student & PLAR

    The Admissions Committee may consider an applicant for Special Admission (Mature Student Admission) if the applicant does not otherwise qualify for admission but demonstrates a combination of education and experience that indicates the ability to be successful in their program of study. Such applicants generally must:


    1. Be over 21 years of age on or before the first day of classes;
    2. Have been out of high school for at least two years; and
    3. Be approved by the Admissions Committee


    Review UCW Undergraduate Admissions website for Special Considerations.

  • International Student

    Applicants who completed high school or any post-secondary studies outside of Canada are required to submit the following:

    • Official high school transcript and official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
    • Official proof of English proficiency (if applicable)


    For details on International Student admission check here.

  • How to Apply & EducationPlannerBC

    Learn more about admissions at University Canada West and apply online.

    University Canada West is a private institution authorized to operate in BC under the Degree Authorization Act. Private institutions are distinct from BC public institutions, which are authorized under provincial legislation to deliver post-secondary education and training in B.C. Use to explore and apply for admission to BC public post-secondary institutions.

Main Campus | Vancouver House
1461 Granville Street
Vancouver BC
V6Z 0E5

West Pender campus (London Building)
626 West Pender
Vancouver, BC