- BC Institutions
- Acsenda School of Management
- Alexander College
- Athabasca University
- British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Camosun College
- Capilano University
- Coast Mountain College
- College of New Caledonia
- College of the Rockies
- Columbia College
- Coquitlam College
- Corpus Christi College
- Douglas College
- Emily Carr University of Art and Design
- Fairleigh Dickinson University
- Fraser International College
- Justice Institute of British Columbia
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- Langara College
- LaSalle College Vancouver
- Nicola Valley Institute of Technology
- North Island College
- Northern Lights College
- Okanagan College
- Quest University
- Royal Roads University
- Selkirk College
- Simon Fraser University
- Thompson Rivers University
- Trinity Western University
- University Canada West
- University of British Columbia – Okanagan
- University of British Columbia – Vancouver
- University of Northern British Columbia
- University of the Fraser Valley
- University of Victoria
- Vancouver Community College
- Vancouver Island University
- Yorkville University
- Yukon University
University Canada West
University Canada West (UCW) is an innovative business and technology-oriented university with two campuses in downtown Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
The Vancouver House Campus, located at 1461 Granville St., and the West Pender Campus located at 626 West Pender St. in the historic London Building.
Phone: 1-877-431-6887. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
UCW currently offers four degrees – Master of Business Administration, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Arts in Business Communication, and Associate of Arts – under the authority of the Government of British Columbia’s Degree Quality Assessment Board.
With four terms per year, motivated students can complete their degrees more quickly. Each term consists of 10 weeks of classes with two weeks for exams.
A minimum course grade of C (2.00 on a 4.33 scale) or equivalent is required.
The maximum number of credit hours that can be awarded toward degree requirements as a combination of transfer credit and Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR) is 30 credit hours for an Associate degree and 60 credit hours for a Bachelor’s degree.
Courses used to meet the requirements of a previously earned undergraduate or graduate degree will not be eligible for transfer credit.
Transfer credit will normally be granted for a course only where UCW offers a parallel or similar course with substantially the same content at a similar level. Specifically,
- lower level undergraduate courses (100-200) do not normally receive credit as upper level (300-400) undergraduate courses, and
- undergraduate courses do not receive credit as graduate courses.
For undergraduate programs, courses of appropriate academic content for which UCW does not offer a similar course may be considered for elective credit.
The full transfer credit policy is available here.
Vancouver House Campus
1461 Granville Street
BC Transfer Student
Details on Transfer Credit are available here.
Out-of-Province Transfer Student
For details on transfer credit check here.
Mature Student & PLAR
The Admissions Committee may consider an applicant for Special Admission (Mature Student Admission) if the applicant does not otherwise qualify for admission but demonstrates a combination of education and experience that indicates the ability to be successful in their program of study. Such applicants generally must:
- Be over 21 years of age on or before the first day of classes;
- Have been out of high school for at least two years; and
- Be approved by the Admissions Committee
Review UCW Undergraduate Admissions website for Special Considerations.
Applicants who completed high school or any post-secondary studies outside of Canada are required to submit the following:
- Official high school transcript and official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
- Official proof of English proficiency (if applicable)
For details on International Student admission check here.
How to Apply & EducationPlannerBC
Learn more about admissions at University Canada West and apply online.
University Canada West is a private institution authorized to operate in BC under the Degree Authorization Act. Private institutions are distinct from BC public institutions, which are authorized under provincial legislation to deliver post-secondary education and training in B.C. Use EducationPlannerBC.ca to explore and apply for admission to BC public post-secondary institutions.
Main Campus | Vancouver House
1461 Granville Street
West Pender campus (London Building)
626 West Pender