University of Victoria
The University of Victoria (UVic) offers a wide range of programs to meet the needs of students from all parts of BC. With a picturesque campus and a medium-sized student body (about 18,000) UVic includes faculties of: Sciences, Fine Arts, Human and Social Development, Humanities, Business, Education, Engineering and Law, and is a national leader in co-operative education.
FACILITY/SERVICE HIGHLIGHTS: UVic has many athletic and recreational facilities, including: a large stadium; an ice rink; indoor and outdoor pools; racquet sports courts; a dance studio; fitness/weight training centre; and a sailing compound and rowing centre. Services available to students include: interfaith chaplaincy; health services centre; three child care centres; extensive on-campus housing; off-campus housing registry; student employment centre; and national and internal student exchange program coordination.
General Admission Requirements (All Students)
For students directly entering an undergraduate program after high school, admission is based on four academic courses.
English Language Requirement - You must have proficiency in English at a level suitable for your desired program.
English Language Requirements
One of the following (minimum scores):
- 86% on the BC English 12 provincial exam within the last three years
- 86% in English 12 in another Canadian province within the last three years
- Level 6 on the Language Proficiency Index (LPI)
- A score of 4 on the Advanced Placement Exam in English Language and Composition
- A score of 4 on IB Higher Level English
- 1.5 units of transferable university level English credits
- A degree from an accredited English speaking university
If you do not meet one of these requirements, you must write the Language Proficiency Index to determine placement in an appropriate English course
Verify with the institution directly
BC Secondary School (or equivalent)
Out-of-Province Transfer Student
Other Student (including Special Consideration)