One of the following minimum scores:
- 67% in English 12 or English Literature 12 or English 12 First Peoples
- Three years of full time secondary education in English in Canada or another country with a 67% in the equivalent of English 12
- A 4 on Advanced Placement (AP) English Language or Literature
- An A1 or A2 on the International Baccalaureate (IB) English Language A (Standard Level)
- A 4 on the Essay Level on the Language Proficiency Index (LPI) exam
- A 450 on the GED Language Arts Writing and Reading
- A TOEFL score of 550 (PBT) or 83 (IBT)
- An IELTS Academic Module band score of 6.5.
- A EIKEN Test of Practical English placement of Grade 1 (for international students only)
- A Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL) score of 60
- CELPIP 2
- Proof of enrolment in a transferable college level writing, literature, communications, or creative writing
Students who do not receive at least 80% in English 12 (or equivalent) or international students from non-English speaking countries must enrol in the non-transferable ENGL 109. ENGL 109 may be challenged by passing the CCC English Placement Test, which has a fee of $50.
Verify with the institution directly