High School Transfer

A number of high schools offer developmental and enriched secondary curriculums that allow students to receive credit at post-secondary institutions.  The BC Transfer Guide contains information on the following:

Adult Basic Education (ABE)

Adult Basic Education (ABE) includes a number of programs to help adults develop basic skills, obtain a secondary school graduation diploma, and obtain vocational training. Online information about ABE is provided by the BC Ministry of Education, and the Ministry of Advanced Education and Labour Market Development.  To view the ABE Transfer Guide, please visit the Adult Basic Education section.

Advanced Placement (AP) Program

The Advanced Placement (AP) program is an enriched secondary school program that provide students with the opportunity to earn advanced credit towards their undergraduate degrees.  If you have completed AP courses, and you’ve achieved a high enough grade, you may be eligible for advanced credit.  To find out how your AP courses transfer, please visit the Advanced Placement Search.

International Baccalaureate (IB) Program

The International Baccalaureate (IB) program is an enriched secondary school program offered at various schools across the world.  Students obtaining high enough grades can earn credit towards their undergraduate degrees.  To find out how your IB courses receive credit, please visit the International Baccalaureate Search.

For more information on both the AP and IB programs, please visit the following websites: