University of British Columbia - Okanagan
The University of British Columbia's Okanagan campus (UBC Okanagan) is located in Kelowna, BC, and is a new addition to the Vancouver-based university. UBC Okanagan is located only minutes from downtown Kelowna. It offers a wide range of interdisciplinary and integrated programs that let learners explore connections between diverse areas of study. UBC Okanagan offers undergraduate students small class sizes, co-operative education, and research opportunities. In addition, first-year orientation programs and a variety of student services enhance the learning experience on campus.
General Admission Requirements (All Students)
All students must meet UBC's English Language Admission Standard. If you have completed three years of full-time education in English in Canada, you will have met this standard. It's also possible to meet this English language requirement in several other ways. For complete details check the English Language Competency web page
English Language Requirements
One of the following (minimum scores):
- Three consecutive years of full time education in English in Canada immediately prior to attending UBC
- Four consecutive years of full time education in English in a country other than English where English is the primary language immediately prior to attending UBC
- A 70% grade or better on the provincial examination portion of BC English 12 or the equivalent
- A grade of 4 on Advanced Placement (AP) English Language and Composition or AP Literature and Composition
- A grade of 5 on International Baccalaureate English A (higher or standard level)
- A CAE score of a B
- A CAEL score of 70 with a speaking subtest score of 6
- A CPE score of a C
- An IELTS score of 6.5 with no part less than a 6
- A MELAB score of 85
- Completion of level 4 in Okanagan College English for Academic Purposes, with a grade of 70% or higher in each course
- A PTE score of 65 with a 60 in Reading, Listening, Writing, and Speaking
- An internet based TOEFL score of 90 with a:
- 22 in reading
- 22 in listening
- 21 in writing
- 21 in speaking
- A paper based TOEFL score of 55 in Reading, Listening and Writing and a 4.0 TWE score
- Six credits of post-secondary first-year English studies at a recognized university in an English-speaking country
- Graduation from a recognized degree program at an accredited university where English is the primary language of instruction in an English-speaking country
- Four or more years at an eligible international secondary school that uses English as the language of instruction in a country where the primary language is not English
- Achieve a UBC Certificate in English Language or CEL by completing Level 600 of the UBC Continuing Studies English for Academic Purposes program on UBC’s Vancouver campus
- If you are proficient in English, but do not meet the above requirements, you can request a waiver of the English language requirement
Verify with the institution directly
BC Secondary School (or equivalent)
For details on BC Secondary School Graduation Admission check here.
For details on Yukon Secondary School Graduation Admission check here
For details on admission for Secondary School graduates from other provinces check here.
BC Transfer Student
For details on transfer for BC & Yukon students check here.
Out-of-Province Transfer Student
For details on transfer for college students outside of BC check here.
For details on transfer for university students outside of BC check here.
For details on Mature Student admission check here
For details on International Student admission check here
Other Student (including Special Consideration)
Details on admission requirements for Canadian Aboriginal Students are found here.
How to Apply
To apply to UBC check here.