Students currently in Grade 12 who are missing only one course for Grade 12 graduation may appeal for admission to Langara. To be considered for conditional admission, you must:
- be currently enrolled in the missing course, maintaining at least a 60% average;
- complete and submit an "Application for Admission form" and an "Appeal for Admission and Re-admission form", both available from the Registrar's Office;
- submit the BC secondary school transcript (either paper or electronic).
Secondary/Post-Secondary Concurrent Studies
BC Secondary students entering or currently in Grade 12 who have demonstrated academic excellence may apply for limited admission to university transfer or open career courses while attending secondary school.
Enrolment is limited to three credits each semester. Admission is approved on a semester by semester basis until you have met Grade 12 graduation requirements or turn 19 years old.
To apply under this category you must submit:
- an application for admission, co-signed by a parent or legal guardian;
- a letter of support from your secondary school principal;
- an official transcript of your Grade 11 year; and
- a copy of any interim transcripts of your Grade 12 year (if available).
Appeals for admission and re-admission are accepted at the Registrar's Office up to one week before the first day of classes.
Final Note: Successful registration also depends on you having the required prerequisites for your intended courses or program.